UK OfQual Qualification Number: 603/2181/7
Translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance.
Strategic Management is a discipline that is part of Management. This element of management focuses on setting the direction for private, public and non-profit organizations manage their resources to achieve their goals and objectives.
This Postgraduate qualification reflects current practice in Strategic Management
and Leadership and allows learners to develop and expand their high-level understanding of strategic management and leadership in the workplace. This qualification is suitable for mature learners with a background in academic study or industry. The qualification has a
clear work-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside theoretical
fundamentals. Successful completion of the Postgraduate Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
qualification will equip learners with the key skills and capabilities to become an effective strategic manager. The qualification also allows learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards an MBA with advanced standing.
Functions within strategic management include setting objectives, analyzing the competitive environment, analyzing the internal organization, evaluating strategies, and implementing strategies. It incorporates elements of finance, accounting, HR management, marketing, IT as well as strategy.
The Postgraduate Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership consists of 4 mandatory units and 2 optional units, making a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Leadership (20 credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Advanced Business Research Methods (20 credits)
Optional units: Choose any TWO
- Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
- Supply Chain and Operations Management (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (20 credits)
- Globalisation and Corporate Governance (20 credits)
- Strategic Change Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
The Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) is at the same level as master’s degrees. Graduates may proceed to the MBA or Masters in Leadership & Management dissertation stage (60 credits) with UARD to achieve a full masters or MBA, or top-up with Arden University, University of Chichester, Concordia University Chicago, University of Northampton, University of Sunderland, University of Portsmouth and MA or MSc in Professional Studies with University of Portsmouth.
Gaining a higher-qualification opens doors, increases salary opportunities and industry leadership. The following are some, but not all, of the potential next-steps for those graduates fortunate enough to hold a Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership:
- Human Resources Manager
- Management Analyst
- Management Specialist
- Non-Profit Manager
- Project Manager
- Research Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
Examples of sectors where strategic leadership ‘fits’ are:
- Finance and Insurance
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
- Public Administration Mining, Oil and Gas Extraction
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Accommodation and Food Services
Want to know more? Contact us now so we can promptly respond & move your career forward!
For entry onto the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
qualification, learners must possess:
• An degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent
• Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the
delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
• Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a method of assessment that considers whether
learners can demonstrate that they can meet the assessment requirements for a unit
through knowledge, understanding or skills they already possess and do not need to develop through a course of learning. Processes we use are:
• Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL)
• Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
• Accreditation of Prior Achievement (APA)
• Accreditation of Prior Learning and Achievement (APLA)
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
John Quincy Adams
You must be logged in to post a comment.