It takes someone with a vision of the possibilities to attain new levels of experience. Someone with the courage to live his dreams.
“This Postgraduate programme will be of high interest to a wide range of individuals who are working in organisations or private practice and who are seeking to develop their knowledge and skills in coaching and mentoring. The qualification is also pertinent to learners who lead coaching and mentoring at individual and organisational level”, says Associate Professor Danny Simms (right).
It provides robust and rewarding learning to introduce the concepts, theories and practical application of coaching and mentoring in an organisational setting. The programme aims to enhance learners’ personal and professional development, fostering transformative learning and reflection and thus expand the knowledge and skills necessary to develop professionally as a coach or mentor.
The qualification also allows learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards an MBA with advanced standing.
Postgraduate Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a method of assessment that considers whether learners can demonstrate that they can meet the assessment requirements for a unit through knowledge, understanding or skills they already possess and do not need to develop through
a course of learning.
- Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL)
- Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
- Accreditation of Prior Achievement (APA)
- Accreditation of Prior Learning and Achievement (APLA)
Entry & Content
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (21+) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Theories and Concepts of Coaching and Mentoring within Organisational Culture (20 credits)
- Evaluating the Strategic Impact of Coaching and Mentoring (20 credits)
- Establishing Coaching and Mentoring in the Organisation (20 credits)
- Organisational Change Strategies and Personal Development (20 credits)
- Coaching, Mentoring and Managing Organisational Culture and Behaviour (20 credits)
- Research Methods for Coaching and Mentoring (20 credits)
“Adversity is an opportunity for heroism“