Who are these Design programmes for?
This programme is designed for aspiring applicants who are determined to turn their passion for design into a fulfilling career, or applications from entertainment to education to research to industry and beyond.
Demonstrate skills and knowledge of the practices, languages, forms, materials and technologies in their relevant discipline such as animation, visual effects, VR/AR, graphic and game design.
UARD bachelor’s degree holders may enter the Master of Arts (MA) or Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree at the Academy of Art University, San Francisco, California, studying in the USA.
Year One is a comprehensive L4 Diploma followed by your choice of four different L5 design disciplines in Year Two
Diploma in Design Level 4
Advanced Diploma in Animation & Visual Effects L5
- Identify and demonstrate skill and knowledge in a specialisation of interest in design
Advanced Diploma in Digital Graphics & Design L5
Advanced Diploma in Augmented & Virtual Reality L5
- Research, develop and evaluate design concepts in an ethical manner and processes by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively.
- Create a portfolio that showcases the integration of theory & practice, academic writing & rigour, creativity & completion
Advanced Diploma in Game Design Development L5
Final Year, L6 Design
- Demonstrate effective teamwork within collaborative working regarding the current industry requirements: professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Work independently and collaboratively on design projects and respond to project demands, solving problems
- Engage in professional practice through commercial, creative and high-level experiences
Your final year is an industry-standard project in your area of interest, supported by UARD mentors and faculty
For more information, contact us by completing the form below