Bachelor of Emergency Response & Risk Management, accelerated programme now available
The Bachelor, Diploma & Advanced Diploma Level Programme in Emergency Response & Risk Management are geared to individuals who want to position themselves for success in a public safety or related career. They recognize that getting a bachelor’s degree will give them a competitive edge, when combined with professional, volunteer, or internship experience. They typically are interested in making a difference in the world, solving problems and leading.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Emergency Response and Risk Management, for military personnel, will receive their certification from Texas A&M University System, the University of Applied Research & Development and the NOCN Awarding Organsation in the United Kingdom, making this Bachelor of Emergency Response and Risk Management a highly desirable degree.
Why do a Bachelor of Emergency Response and Risk Management, for military personnel?
Prospective Bachelor of Emergency Response and Risk Management, for military personnel students include:
- Military personnel who hold responsibility for rapid response, safety, fire and other emergency services in a full-time, voluntary or secondary role (usually a one to two year programme)
- Veterans who wish to have their extensive prior learning, military experience and current competency gain credit into this programme to reduce their length of study and reduce the cost of graduation (usually a one year programme)
- Military personnel who are in their second tour or more, are actively training in emergency management areas and wish to track & report on their training so they can gain a bachelor degree with their military experiences (usually a two to three year programme)
- Those who have little or no professional public safety experience, but plan to pursue a career in emergency services administration
- Public safety professionals, including police officers, EMTs and active and veteran military members, who seek education to expand or hone their knowledge and skills and position themselves for career advancement
- Professionals in related fields who want to help their organization with emergency preparedness or make a career change
- Undergraduates working toward a bachelor’s degree in a related subject, e.g., public health, nursing and environmental sciences, who want to complete a minor or second major in a related discipline
What is emergency management?
Aaron Cignarale is an emergency preparedness specialist who have a wealth of experience running training and during COVID19 has seen his preparedness activities bare fruit. From medication, to vaccines, to earthquake, terrorism and active shooter situations, if you are interested in responding to times to crisis, Aaron’s interview will be highly valuable.
Associate Professor Todd De Voe shares his experiences
Study Pathway for the Bachelor of Emergency Response and Risk Management, for military personnel – enroll in the full bachelor or use the diploma pathway
Students may enrol into the Bachelor of Emergency Response & Risk Management directly with an IELTS score of 6 or equivalent and suitable work experience. Should a student successfully complete the first year of the Bachelor programme but discontinue they may exit with the Diploma (L4) in Emergency Response & Risk Management. Students who successfully complete the first two years of the Bachelor programme and discontinue their studies, may exit the programme with an Advanced Diploma (L5) in Emergency Response & Risk Management. Additionally, students may enrol into the Level 4 Diploma in Emergency Response & Risk Management directly and proceed to the Level 5 Advanced Diploma once the Level 4 programme is completed as individual programmes of study, i.e. without enrolling into the Bachelor programme.
Interview with Ashlee Delventhal, Emergency Manager
If you are interested in Emergency Management as a career, watch and learn with Ashlee Delventhal, a hugely experienced emergency manager from North America. From volunteering to leading the industry, Ashlee has made a difference in the lives of others.
Request for information form: Bachelor of Emergency Response and Risk Management, for military personnel
To begin the enrollment process, simply access the form below: